The Latest Social Marketing Trends
Social marketing is a must today. I am by no means a social media expert, but a recent survey has shown that more than 60% of top global companies are using some type of social media marketing methods – using social media websites like MySpace, Facebook and Youtube to promote business. Information-sharing through things such as text, images, blogs (both audio and video), RSS, wikis and podcasts as well. social media marketing is the best word-of-mouth promotion you can have for your business. If top global companies are using social media marketing methods, these social media sites must offer a benefit. I believe that small business can benefit from social media marketing as well.
Here are some tips I've found:
- By adding different kinds of social media tools in your article pages like bookmarking links, you will allow visitors to bookmark their favorite portions of the website. This will enable people who have a genuine interest to come back again and again.
- Another tool to inform your visitors of changes that you make in your website is to add a RSS feed. This will allow people to know whenever you make changes in your article.
- Become a part of Facebook – one of the most popular social networking websites. Create a page in your name and connect with people of similar background and interests. In your profile, there will be a section on yourself. Write a bit about yourself and add a link to your website to drive traffic there. One major thing that you should remember while marketing in Facebook or any other social networking site is never to use a strong advertisement pitch. Use this website as a gateway to your main website.
- Create interesting videos relevant to your business. Don't create advertisements, just add links to your website before and after your video presentation.
- Also, you can create podcasts telling about your company. Podcasts can be more marketing-oriented than videos. Another thing you might consider is sharing photos of your products in websites like Photobucket. This works especially well for businesses like restaurants or hair salons. Remember to add links to your website.
- Create a blog including interesting articles that are related to your business. Update it regularly and allow people to e-mail the article to others by adding that sharing tool in the page.
- Finally, remember that with social media marketing, you may get hecklers. You can include negative comments in your blogs and websites, bt don’t forget to delete those that are too aggressive or offensive!