Benefits of Local Internet Marketing
For many years “The Yellow Pages” (print version) was an effective source of advertising for small businesses. Print “Yellow Pages” display ads can cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars per month. Today, more and more people are searching for local businesses online. Small businesses are at a disadvantage if they aren’t claiming, updating, and maintaining their local business listings.
Below are some of the benefits of Local Internet Marketing.
- Your business listing can show up in search results – For example, when someone searches for “Thai Restaurants San Diego CA “- if you have a Thai restaurant in San Diego and have optimized local business listings, your business will appear when someone searches for “Thai Restaurants San Diego CA. “
- Helps advertise your business where local customers are looking.
- Allows your business to promote any discounts, offers, promotions – These offers, discounts and promotions can be changed as often as you like – you are not locked into the same ad for a year.
- Displays on Mobile maps (e.g. iPhone) – This is becoming more and more important as the Smart Phone market grows because people are using their phones while away from their computers to search for things.
- Allows you to display photos and videos – Local listings give you a much larger advertising space than traditional print Yellow Pages.
- You can generate leads using local internet marketing – Because people are searching for local businesses online today, your local listing will expose your business to more potential customers.
- Local Internet Marketing is much more cost efficient and offers a higher ROI (return on investment) than print advertising.